Cold weather does bring a few good things after all. Without cold weather we wouldn’t have snow and ice. With out snow and ice we wouldn’t have skiing, snowboarding, or ice skating.
In just one hour of…
- Ice skating you can burn about 630 calories
- Moderate level down hill skiing you can burn about 540 calories
- Moderate Cross-country skiing you can burn about 630 calories
- Vigorous down hill skiing you can burn about 720 calories
- Vigorous cross-country skiing you can burn about 810 calories
Find out a more accurate estimate by entering your weight and duration HERE!
The picture above is the national champion figure skater Sasha Cohen burning some calories.
- Serve yourself so that you can decide how much food goes on your plate.
- Give yourself very small bite size portions of the “naughty” foods and slightly larger portions of the “nice” foods.
- Eat everything slowly because eating slow means eating less.
- Don’t eat your holiday meals in one sitting, spread them out into mini snacks to keep your metabolism going steady.
- Drink water in between food and alcoholic drinks to help fill you up.
- If there are 10 desserts to choose from only choose two and eat half of each.
- Don’t sit near the buffet or you’ll be tempted to eat more.
- Be festively social, keep your mouth busy chatting rather than chewing.
- Wear something that fits perfectly and you’ll be less likely to stuff yourself.
Instead of drinking soda or juice choose water just like Cameron Diaz pictured below. Most sugary drinks are loaded with more calories than they’re worth, but drinking water makes your metabolism burn calories faster.
To see just how many calories are in the beverages you consume CLICK HERE!!!